When you have diabetes, your kidneys use more fluids to get rid of the excess glucose. As a result, they raid the body of fluids, and dry skin is just one of the arising symptoms. So, the increased importance of skin care with diabetes relates back to your blood sugar levels.
What Type of Skin Problems Are Common Among Diabetics?
Itchy or dry skin can be early signs of diabetes, perhaps the first symptoms you notice. However, there are several severe skin conditions diabetics can suffer from. These include:
• Bacterial Infections: Styes around the eyelids, infections of the hair follicles, boils, carbuncles, and nail infections
• Fungal Infections: The most common are yeast infections which thrive in warm and moist areas of the body, such as in the mouth, between the toes, etc.
• Dry Skin and Itching: Diabetes may damage the blood vessel and impair the circulation. As a result, the skin may become dry and itchy
• Diabetic Dermopathy: Once again, this skin condition has to do with damaged small blood vessels
- Advertisement -
Diabetics can suffer from several other skin conditions beyond those mentioned here. Seeing as there are so many, the increased importance of skin care with diabetes is evident.
Skin Care Tips for Diabetics
As you are now aware of the increased importance of skin care with diabetes, here are some skin care tips for diabetics:
• Keep Your Blood Sugar Levels in Check: High blood sugar levels tend to lead to dry and itchy skin, so keeping them on an even keel is essential
• Keep Your Skin Clean and Dry and Avoid Hot Showers and Baths
• Moisturize Your Skin Regularly
• Keep Your Home Humid: Dry air can exacerbate issues surrounding dry skin
Taking care of your skin is an integral part of you managing your diabetes. With these simple tips, you increase your chances of enjoying healthy skin.
When you click here you’ll uncover just how simple it can be to “fix” your diabetes, control your blood sugars, and lose all that excess fat sitting on your stomach.
You can get your life back, rapidly melting away your stubborn belly fat, getting your blood sugars under control and REVERSE your type-2 diabetes... and do it quite easily.